Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

How do you get a payoff from the IRS? I have spent hours

Customer Question

How do you get a payoff from the IRS? I have spent hours trying to get a hold of someone, gone on line and nothing
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the hold times are rather long. Unfortunately contacting the IRS by phone is the only way that you will be able to get the exact payoff information. You may consider having a tax practitioner make the call for you. There is a different telephone number that tax practitioners call. Usually the hold time for us is not as long. However, there have been a few times that I have had to old on the tax practitioner hotline for over an hour. If you would like assistance with trying to find out how much you owe the IRS, I can send you an additional services request to make the phone call for you. My contacting the IRS on your behalf will require you to complete a Form 8821 (Tax Information Authorization).

Let me know if you like further assistance with this matter.