Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I SHOULD NOT BE WORRING ABOUT THE 1041 UNTIL THE MONEY IS

Customer Question
PAID TO ALL OF US...
I SHOULD NOT BE WORRING ABOUT THE 1041 UNTIL THE MONEY IS PAID TO ALL OF US. HOW WOULD I AS THE ADMINSTRATOR PASS THIS ON TO OTHERS ? WOULD I DO THIS ON 1099'S TO EACH ONE OF THEM AND TO MYSELF AND DO I STILL NEED TO DO THE 1041?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/8/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If the form 1099MISC was issued - you do need to worry...
If that was issued incorrectly - before the money are paid - you would need to contact the sender and ask for correction.
But if your mother appointed an attorney as her representative - and as such the attorney received the money - it is treated as received by the estate.

We still need to be clear - who paid and who received that payment and who issued form 1099MISC and who is a personal representative of the estate.
If payment is made to the estate - it should be reported on 1041.
To pass on beneficiaries - use schedule K1
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1041sk1.pdf

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor