emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

My question is: I had forgotten that I had not cashed my

Customer Question

My question is: I had forgotten that I had not cashed my income tax refund from the state of Colorado issued on December 20014. I was going through papers that I had put away and just found it. If it is issued to me to cash from March 3,2015. and to void after 6 months, which would be September 3, 2015. Question ask, is can I still cash check Tuesday September 8, 2015? Because Monday is Labor Day Holiday and have to wait for banks to open on Tuesday.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can try BUT the bank may not honor it and if the bank honor it, it can still be declined by the state and you will be charged $15-$20 fee by your bank for bounced check. You are better off to call CO department of revenue and request a new check to be issued since the one you have was not cashed.

Call Colorado department of revenue at 303-238-SERV (7378) to request a new check. It can take several seeks to process it, a direct deposit would be faster.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

I see you read my respond. Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

If you found my answers helpful a Positive Rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!