Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I just received an IRS Notice of Defiency letter - advising

Customer Question

hello - I just received an IRS Notice of Defiency letter - advising me that i owe about 9300 plus 600 late penalty - for my 2013 taxes. I intend to pay this amount. How long do i have to pay it? Thanks
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. You can easily call them and get up to 90 days to pay just by talking to an agent. You might even be able to extend that out to 120 days. If you think it will take longer than that, but can pay it off in 72 months or less, the IRS will work out an installment payment arrangement with you; and since the amount due is under $50,000, you can do this on-line.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!