Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can I recover the tax id non profit organization. It's

Customer Question
How can I recover the...
How can I recover the tax id for a non profit organization. It's for a checking acct
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/5/2015
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

If the non-profit previously filed a tax return, the EIN will appear on the return.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Lost-or-Misplaced-Your-EIN

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer because that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent