Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

If I have a Trade in the state of Arizona how do I see if it

Customer Question

if I have a Trade Mark in the state of Arizona how do I see if it has any federal registration ie tax id etc
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.

REFER TO THE FOLLOWING:

Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)

Use Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) to conduct a free online search of the USPTO database. TESS provides access to text and images of registered marks, and marks in pending and abandoned applications. The USPTO cannot provide guidance as to how you should search, beyond the HELP provided within the TESS site.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was looking for a data search for ANY entry for a FEIN or similar...
thanks
mark

I was unable to find definitive information relating to a trademark registration number database. However, there is a short video on the page at the following link that may shed some light on federal registration of a trademark.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-getting-started/trademark-basics

----------------------------------------------------

Should I Register My Trademark?

Although federal registration of a mark is not mandatory, it has several advantages, including notice to the public of the registrant's claim of ownership of the mark, legal presumption of ownership nationwide, and exclusive right to use the mark on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration.

This animated video explains the benefits of a federal trademark registration and how to put people on notice that your mark is registered with the USPTO. [run time 7:30]