How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3120
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a INC registered in Delaware last year April 2014.

Customer Question

We have a INC registered in Delaware last year April 2014. We started the business this march 2015.
I haven't got a accountant yet.
What are the accounting processes i should maintain?
I need a online accountant who can manage our books?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You don't need an accountant if you want to do the books yourself. If you feel comfortable to use Quickbooks or other accounting software, you can have an accountant to set it up for you and do data entry yourself. Depending on the scope of the business, you can hire a local CPA to manage your books and file quarterly/annual business and personal tax return. If you choose to work with an accountant I would suggest to find one in your area. I would not recommend an online accountant, it is important to have a good working relationship with your accountant/tax consultant.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Here are some suggestions to locate an accountant:

Online yellow pages or other directory of professionals can be also helpful.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Thanks for your response.What about the taxes? What kind of returns needs to be filed yearly?What dates should they be filed on?Whats the average fee a accountant may charge for less than 50 transactions a month?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

You will have to file your corporate return (Scorp or corporation due on March 15, if you use calendar year, not fiscal year), you will have to file your personal return due on April 15. Than you may need to pay estimated taxes (corporate and/or personal), depending on expected profit/distributions. You will also have to file payroll returns, annually/quarterly it depends on the amount of payroll you will have. The accounting fees varies. There are really no standards or averages. Some accountant may charge you separate fees for bookkeeping and tax preparation, some will do your bookkeeping for free if you pay for all other returns. It also depends on complexity of the return.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Here's IRS publication with all due dates, depending on type of business and activity:

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Hi again. Just a quick follow up to make sure that all your questions have been answered. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if you found my answers helpful, a Positive Rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.