How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 72, disabled to some extent. I am not imployed,, and I

Customer Question

I am 72, disabled to some extent. I am not imployed,, and I have not found anything... I am not imployed. I am disabled & retired Can you & I use both methods?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, you CANNOT receive both Social Security Retirement and Social Security Disability benefits. Since you are 72 you are eligible to receive Social Security benefits. Had you been receiving Social Security Disability benefits they would have converted to retirement benefits when you reached full retirement age. They are based on the same calculation approach and therefore one benefit would not be higher than the other.