Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

It appears my software doesn't compute an ATNOL carry

Customer Question
forward in year one of...
It appears my software doesn't compute an ATNOL carry forward in year one of a corporations existence. The developer says it's since AMT applies to no corporation in its first year. The only citation I see is IRC 55 where is say AMT tax in year 1 for a corporation is zero.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/1/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and will assist.

A corporation is exempt from AMT in its first year, so the developer is correct. The 4626 instructions are clear on the subject.

Please check those instructions, available as a pdf at:

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i4626.pdf

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

PDtax
PDtax