Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can you tell you owe any sales taxes arter they take it

Customer Question
how can you tell you...
how can you tell you don owe any sales taxes arter they take it off of the credit bureau it has been 10.yearx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
9/1/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Q: how can you tell you don owe any sales taxes arter they take it off of the credit bureau it has been 10.yearx

A: As the state of Florida can pursue collections for up to 20 years after the last assessment, the only way to tell if you are in the clear is to have a tax professional talk to the Florida Department Sales Department of Revenue Sales Tax Division and request your tax account records. Just because the item has been removed from your credit report, does not mean that Florida has ceased collections activities.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant