How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12060
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client with earnings from W2 from s business which

Customer Question

I have a client with earnings from W2 from his business which is an S Corporation.. He also incurred a huge loss on the business. Is he eligible to take the Child tax or additional child tax credit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.



Yes it's the W-2 wage that qualifies as earned income.


Be sure to enter the W-2 income in the software first