Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am leaving USA. I have some money left in my HSA account.

Customer Question
How could I withdraw it...
I am leaving USA. I have some money left in my HSA account. How could I withdraw it? Is there any penalty?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
8/31/2015
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

You can withdraw the funds from your HSA account, but if the funds are withdrawn for any expense other than a qualified medical expense, the IRS will impose a 20% penalty tax.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent