Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a question about NRA tax. I am a non-resident alien

Customer Question
Hi, I have a question...
Hi, I have a question about NRA tax. I am a non-resident alien working outside united states, I have a company located in China and provide technical and sales services to whom in China for some US companies, which is known as "funded-head", the US companies and my company make contracts and I am the contractor working for the US companies. I have a personal NRA US bank account. Suppose the US companies directly pay to me (personal US bank account, not to my company), 1. Is it legal? 2. Is there any tax liability (US income tax)? Thank you! ***** will seldom travel to US for vacation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
typo, I "WILL" have a personal NRA US bank account.
I have to add that:
3. I, as a funded head contractor, work outside the US and provide services in Great China. I personally will travel to US once a year.
4. I plan to hire some employees who are NRA and they will be funded-head contractors just like me. My company will sign the funded-head contracts with the US companies, and the US companies will pay to my personal US bank account. Is it also legal and is there any tax?
Hope I make myself clear ;)
8/31/2015
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Payments to nonresident aliens for work performed OUTSIDE of the United States are neither reportable nor taxable. The payee (you or your company) must provide a completed and signed Form W-8BEN to the U.S. companies certifying that you are a nonresident alien, which they will keep on file.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent