Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I would like to know why a Tax Levy was taken out of our pay

Customer Question
check, we have been having...
I would like to know why a Tax Levy was taken out of our pay check, we have been having our taxes done by Jackson Hewett in AZ. but I have tried to contact them for several months and nothing. I send our taxes in for this year in March and have not hear a word back from them, we don't have a clue what is going on and if there is some way to sit up a payment plan with the IRS we will do that. We can't afford to have this kind of money taken out of our check, if we have to fix it from our end we will do that, we live in South Korea Thank You ***** my husband and I file joint.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/28/2015
Tax Professional: Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Yes you can request an installment agreement online if you have filed all returns due and owe less than $50,000. You can use this link: http://goo.gl/7PZhCc to use the online form or complete a paper request.

Have you received notices regarding the return in question? What address did I you use on your last tax return? The IRS would be using that address to send the notices.

You may want to request your IRS account and return transcripts for the years in question to see why the IRS says you owe money. You can request the transcripts here: http://goo.gl/apokqw

Let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions. Thanks, Jonathan

Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney