Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'm looking filling out a W8-BEN and not sure what to

Customer Question
I'm looking for assistance filling...
I'm looking for assistance filling out a W8-BEN and not sure what to include. I'm incorporated in the US but live in Canada and there are a couple of fields I'm unsure of.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/28/2015
Tax Professional: USTaxAdvising, CPA replied 2 years ago
USTaxAdvising

I can help you with your W-8BENE questions. What fields are you unsure on?

Please also confirm this is for your individual self providing the W-8BENE to your US corporation.

it is for my corporation and I'll send along the questions tomorrow morning for you.
Thanks, Richard

Ok sounds good. Have a good night.

Can I send you the file so you can highlight which section/s I need to fill out being a resident citizen of Canada running a US corporation? This may be easier.
Chapter 4 Status (FATCA status) (Must check one certification below for the entity's applicable status). This is the question that I have no idea what to fill out with this.

Sorry it took me all day to get back to you. Yes if you want to upload the file that would be great.

Just to confirm this is for your individual/personal interest in the US corporation correct? If that is correct you should not be completing Form W-8BENE. You should be completing Form W-8BEN http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf

Form W-8BENE is for Entities, not individuals.

Let me know what if this helps or not and what other questions you may have.

USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising, CPA