Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I paid on 07/21/2015 for $ 1845.46, You already cashed on

Customer Question
Hi: I paid on 07/21/2015 for...
Hi:
I paid on 07/21/2015 for $ 1845.46, You already cashed on 07/28/2015,The check No.1345,
But we got letter again yesterday that 08/26/2015,Would you please check it.Thank you!
Yun gou XXXXXXX & Rong Yun XXXX
Social Security number: XXXXXXXXX
Caller ID XXXXXXXXX
Thank you for your time.
Rongzhang
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
8/27/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

First, please do not provide personal information here, it is a public forum and everybody can see it. I already requested your personal information to be removed.

Now regarding your question, it takes some time for IRS to actually post the payment to your account and currently IRS is hopelessly behind. If you have a canceled check proving that IRS cashed it, ignore the notice for now. Most notices are generated by a computer software in advance so it is possible that the notices was generated before your check was posted. Date on the notice doesn't mean it was printed on that date.

You can call IRS or your local IRS office to confirm, but as long as you have cancelled check, the amount due is considered paid and there will be no late fees or penalties.

To contact IRS you can call 800 - 829 - 1040 (average wait time is between 3- 45 minutes) or if you tell me state you live in I can look up a contact for your local IRS office.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser