Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I receive a letter from the IRS saying I owe $2400.00 when I

Customer Question
hi my name is***** receive...
hi my name is***** receive a letter from the IRS saying I owe $2400.00 when I file jointly with husband who do not have an SSN but have Itin num
I call the IRS office so many time but never get to talk to anyone , please tell me what can I do
thanks in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
8/27/2015
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 2 years ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

HI

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be helping you.

Can you tell me what type of letter you receive? (If you look in the upper right hand corner there should be a letter type listed (ex: CP 2000) and why does the IRS feel you owe them more money? Do they list income they feel you didn't report?

Please give me some additional information so that I can see what we need to do next.

Thank you

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer