How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2429
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive a letter from the IRS saying I owe $2400.00 when I

Customer Question

hi my name is***** receive a letter from the IRS saying I owe $2400.00 when I file jointly with husband who do not have an SSN but have Itin num
I call the IRS office so many time but never get to talk to anyone , please tell me what can I do
thanks in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.


I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be helping you.

Can you tell me what type of letter you receive? (If you look in the upper right hand corner there should be a letter type listed (ex: CP 2000) and why does the IRS feel you owe them more money? Do they list income they feel you didn't report?

Please give me some additional information so that I can see what we need to do next.

Thank you