Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am doing my tax return using turbotax deluxe and in the

Customer Question

I am doing my tax return using turbotax deluxe and in the middle of doing it learned you no longer allow financial documents on investment to be imported as was possible in past years. It provides an option to upgrade using Premier (for extra $30 but cannot get it to accept my sign up for Premier. Please telephone me ASAP at(###) ###-####
Thanks you - - - - I am standing by to receive your call.
Dick Smith _-__ a long time customer for many years.
4
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Mr. Smith.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Just Answer is not affiliated with TurboTax in any way.

TurboTax changed its programs for the 2015 tax filing season to not allow investment income to be entered using the Deluxe program. Because of the extreme unhappiness and dissatisfaction of this action by many long-time customers, TurboTax will go back to the programs the way they were for the 2016 tax filing season.

Sometimes there is a glitch in upgrading from Deluxe to Premier. You can call TurboTax Customer Service at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm pacific time. The customer service representative will be able to send you a download for the Premier version or unlock the Premier version. You will probably receive the upgrade free of charge. Please be at your computer when you call.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb