Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Need to get c.o.t code

Customer Question

Need to get c.o.t code
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!
Can you clarify - who and why and under which circumstances asking to provide COT code?
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Please be aware - there is often a scam or fraud when COT code is involved.
Please be sure you do NOT pay any money.
COT stands for "cost of transfer". You need to contact the bank immediately and they will advise you.
If that is related to something like lottery winning or inheritance - that is very likely a fraud.

If someone want you to pay upfront to obtain COT - that is very likely a fraud.
If that is a legit transfer and your question is related to "cost of transfer" code - based on that code the bank will charge you for that specific transfer.
To obtain the code - you need to contact the Bank - they have several options - and will advise which one to use.