How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4670
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does a person get s with holding back that s company

Customer Question

how does a person get his with holding back that his company paid to the wrong state
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax.

What resident state are you in, and what state was the withholding paid to? And, where will you have to file?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
resident of va the with holding was paid to GA my previous state I moved from nov of 2013 and the company didnt change it to va.
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
The fastest way to get the money is to file a tax return in Georgia to get ask the money back. They are expecting a tax return, and filing a return allows them to close out their files and process a refund.
Fixing things through asking for the money, blaming your employer, all will take longer than just efiling and having your refund direct deposited.
When you file your 2014 VA706, include a request for penalty and interest abatement due to the withholding issue you just discovered. Since this is your first time filing in VA, the state should not hold this mistake against you.
Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.