How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15597
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out about, a 50. 00 bond, bought, in the

Customer Question

I am trying to find out about , a 50. 00 bond , bought for me , in the early 1970s , by my grand parents
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.


If you have Series E bond (those were issued December 1965 - June 1980) they are no longer earning interest. They can be redeemed at any financial institution that cashes savings bonds.

If you can add more information about the bond (such as the series) and what information you need that would be helpful.