How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I pay $400.00 today will my installment plan be

Customer Question

if I pay $400.00 today will my installment plan be re-instated? I have been undergoing an extreme hardship in that my wife, ERLINDA XXXXXX, and I have been ill and undergoing high medical expenses. I have attempted to go back to work, but have been laid off. please allow us to continue on the installment plan!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


First please let me advise that no expert here is representing the IRS. We cannot reinstate your Installment Agreement.

We can assist by explaining tax situations and how to proceed when there is a problem.

You asked about your Installment Agreement. Did you receive a notice form the IRS with the letters CP523 in the upper corner?

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If you did receive a notice then the number to contact is listed on the notice but one way to reinstate is to pay before your termination date to prevent your installment agreement from being terminated. Go to the payments page to make your payment or find out more about your payment options.

You should contact the IRS as soon as possible but no later than 30 days from the date of the notice.

Even if you make the payment call to make sure they have a record of your action so that an agent can reinstate your installment agreement.

Respond below please and let me know.