Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

An IRS respersentive call me at 10.15 this morning. She did

Customer Question
not give her name or...
An IRS respersentive call me at 10.15 this morning. She did not give her name or ask me my name. All she said was they have be trying to reach me that the IRS, is sueing me.
She said to call 1-***-***-****.
Can you tell me if the IRS is sueing me.This is the first time I have had a call from them.
xxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/20/2015
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
You need not worry about this. This is a total scam...don't pay them a dime. The IRS is fully aware of this (http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Reiterates-Warning-of-Pervasive-Telephone-Scam) and has the following instructions for you:
"If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS, here’s what you should do:
If you know you don’t owe taxes or have no reason to think that you owe any taxes (for example, you’ve never received a bill or the caller made some bogus threats as described above), then call and report the incident to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration at 1.***-***-****.
You can file a complaint using the FTC Complaint Assistant; choose “Other” and then “Imposter Scams.” If the complaint involves someone impersonating the IRS, include the words “IRS Telephone Scam” in the notes."
For an article on this, see the following link: http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/pf/taxes/irs-tax-scams/index.html?iid=HP_LN
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Richard, Tax Attorney