How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29774
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What was the payroll tax amounts? where can I get w22 and W3

Customer Question

what was the payroll tax amounts for 2012?
where can I get w22 and W3 forms for 2012?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.

Payroll Tax Cut temporarily was extended into 2012.
That was based on the Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 which extended the two percentage point payroll tax cut for employees, continuing the reduction of their Social Security tax withholding rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent of wages paid through Feb. 29, 2012.
For wages paid after February 29, 2012 - the rate is 6.2%.

Employer's social security tax rate was 6.2%

The social security wage base limit in 2012 was $110,100.

Medicare tax rate was 1.45% - for both employee and employer portions.
See for reference

For internal use and to issue to employees - forms may be downloaded and printed from the IRS.

The official printed version of this IRS form is scannable, but the online version of it, printed from this website, is not.

To file with the IRS - you need to order official IRS forms - call _800_TAX_FORM (_1_800_829_3676_)

and the IRS will mail you the scannable forms and other products.

Generally - you may order Information Returns and Employer Returns Online - but only for last two years.

Or you may purchase forms in local office supply stores - like Office Depot or Office Max.

Let me know if you need any help.