Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Federal Income tax refund was filed jointly by Atty. XXXXXX

Customer Question

Federal Income tax refund was filed jointly by Atty. Jeffrey XXXXXX for 2010 taxes with a refund due in the amount of $1274 to be paid to Lisa XXXXXX and Sharyn XXXXXX on behalf of Derrill XXXXXX. His SS#XXX XX XXXX. My SS#XXX XX XXXX. I never received my 1/2 of the refund and attempted to contact Mr. XXXXXX whose judiciary responsibility was to file on our behalf.
I just learned his license has been revoked and I have no way of knowing if he ever filed the return.
Please help!!!!
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

I can try to help here (by the way my FIRST name is ***** ***** my last :0)

...

The way to find this out is to get a transcript of your tax account from IRS.

...

You can do that here:

...

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

...

To use Get Transcript by Mail, you need your Social Security number (SSN) or your Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), date of birth, and address from your latest tax return.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

OR I can make an additional sevrices offer here and we can work through this over the phone

...

Let me Know

...

Lane

...