How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15176
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I opened a checking account gh school reunion and received a

Customer Question

I opened a checking account for my high school reunion and received a tax number, but never received paper work or certificate. How do I get it? Changing banks and they need a copy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


When you received the EIN the IRS generally would have issued a CP575 showing your EIN and the Entity Name for the EIN.

The IRS has a business line, which is toll free, at 1-***-***-****. You need to have the EIN or TIN number number ready so they are able to get the correct information. They can then issue your a verification letter that would be acceptable by the bank. It is not a copy of the CP575 but is a verification of the EIN and the Entity.

Please let me know if this information is helpful or rate positively.

Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
I hope the answer was useful.