Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I opened a checking account gh school reunion and received a

Customer Question
I opened a checking account...
I opened a checking account for my high school reunion and received a tax number, but never received paper work or certificate. How do I get it? Changing banks and they need a copy.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
8/17/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

When you received the EIN the IRS generally would have issued a CP575 showing your EIN and the Entity Name for the EIN.

The IRS has a business line, which is toll free, at 1-***-***-****. You need to have the EIN or TIN number number ready so they are able to get the correct information. They can then issue your a verification letter that would be acceptable by the bank. It is not a copy of the CP575 but is a verification of the EIN and the Entity.

Please let me know if this information is helpful or rate positively.

Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

I hope the answer was useful.
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4