How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3800
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on Social Security Disability I think. I am age 62 and

Customer Question

I am on Social Security Disability I think. I am age 62 and would like to switch over to regular Social Security Retirement. I currently collect 1036.00 a month. What would be the difference in amounts? My SS# ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
When someone receiving SSDI reaches full retirement age, the SSDI automatically converts to Social Security payments. You do not have to take any action (the Social Security Administration handles the conversion) and your cash benefit amount will not change.
Please also know that once you're receiving Social Security benefits, you will have not the work restrictions that you do with SSDI.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
I see you are now offline. If you have any other questions, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,