Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am on Social Security Disability I think. I am age 62 and

Customer Question

I am on Social Security Disability I think. I am age 62 and would like to switch over to regular Social Security Retirement. I currently collect 1036.00 a month. What would be the difference in amounts? My SS# ***** *****
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
When someone receiving SSDI reaches full retirement age, the SSDI automatically converts to Social Security payments. You do not have to take any action (the Social Security Administration handles the conversion) and your cash benefit amount will not change.
Please also know that once you're receiving Social Security benefits, you will have not the work restrictions that you do with SSDI.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
I see you are now offline. If you have any other questions, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb