How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on a Disability Support Pension (non taxable)and was

Customer Question

I am on a Disability Support Pension (non taxable)and was paid $204000 from a TPD (total and permanent disability claim(which I rolled back into GESB (government super)I am 51 and so below preservation age of 60 and want to withdraw this amount to purchase a home.I am aware of what requirements GESB has to withdraw this but would like to know .1.If I transfer this amt to another super fund ,do I pay tax on it ? 2.If my claim is successful,how much tax do I pay on withdrawl and 3.Does the ATO pay any tax back ?I am on a low income (23000 per annum).***The TOTAL amount of the TPD is taxable untaxed and is also preserved restricted..

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax