How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29571
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work of Los Angeles who does not take out security but my

Customer Question

I work for County of Los Angeles who does not take out for social security but my work from before the County did. I got injured at work and doctor put me as permanently disabled with my work so I'm thinking about either retiring now which probable not too much or put in for retirement due to injury at work and long term disability but they said I need to file for FSSA, I don't know where to start but I do want to know how much social security disability or retirement I can get
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

To verify the amount of possible social security benefits - we need to have your SSA statement - that is generally issued annually.
You may specifically request the statement using this form

Here is how that statement looks

As you see on the second page - the amount of disability social security benefits.

You will have your own statement and will have your benefits which is calculated by the SSA based on YOUR earning records.