How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29774
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lev, I am the CEO of the Sight Center of NW PA. We are new

Customer Question

HI Lev, My name is Linda. I am the CEO of the Sight Center of NW PA. We are new to medical billing for a service we provide. I have been notified by Medicare that in order for me to be listed as an authorized official of the agency, I need to provide them with a copy of our CP 575. Our agency is 77 years old and I cannot find such a document. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! LH
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.

Hi Linda and welcome to our site!
The IRS Form CP575 is the IRS generated letter you receive from the IRS granting your Employer Identification Number.
Here is an example of that letter
For copy you need contact IRS via the phone. Call _1_800_829_4933_ from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Actually - the IRS will not re-issue or provide a copy of the CP-575 Letter.

If you lost your original letter and need to confirm your EIN - the IRS will send you the letter 147C that may be used when you are asked for the CP575 Letter.

The letter 147C is accepted for Medicare billing purposes.

Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.