How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15720
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a trust be created that transfers title of my home to my

Customer Question

Can a trust be created that transfers title of my home to my son that would not subject the value of this home for inheritance tax.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.


A QPRT (Qualified Personal Residence Trust) is designed to be an irrevocable trust that is not included and is not taxable for PA Inheritance Tax.

It is possible for the property to be included though and that would be if you passed away prior to the trust terminating. Your attorney would need to address that portion for you.