How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3802
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How should I deal with years 2009, 2011 and 2012 given that

Customer Question

How should I deal with years 2009, 2011 and 2012 given that one of the IRA companies will not provide FMVs without a court order? Is there a mechanism by which I can request this information from the IRS given that they should have received copies of the FMVs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me.
You can obtain copies of the deceased's transcript from the IRS which will include the 5329 information since the IRS is provided with the information on Form 5498 by the trustee or issuer of your individual retirement arrangement (IRA).
You can request copies of the transcripts directly from the IRS by using Form 4506-T:
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.
If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,