How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A defunct company I was once partial owner of just had an

Customer Question

A defunct company I was once partial owner of just had an 85k line filed against it that was delivered to my house because the last address was my home. It is a 941 for tax line claiming I had employees well after the company closed. No one from the irs will talk to me because I'm no longer the vo because the company is dead. I'm desperate for help but can't find any... I can't afford 85k. The company failure... I lost almost everything. I was told they can come after me too because I was a partial owner at 37%. Other partner has ditched the country after embezzling funds (why we went out of business)
I just can't find help. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

The best way to start is to defend against the two issues: that you are a responsible party, and that there are payroll taxes due.

The review and steps to take are time consuming, and best if we can work together to review the facts and outline options.

I will post an Offer of Additional Service to allocate some time tomorrow to assist. Accept, and advise what a good time might be tomorrow morning, and I will confirm.