Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

A defunct company I was once partial owner of just had an

Customer Question
85k line filed against it...
A defunct company I was once partial owner of just had an 85k line filed against it that was delivered to my house because the last address was my home. It is a 941 for tax line claiming I had employees well after the company closed. No one from the irs will talk to me because I'm no longer the vo because the company is dead. I'm desperate for help but can't find any... I can't afford 85k. The company failure... I lost almost everything. I was told they can come after me too because I was a partial owner at 37%. Other partner has ditched the country after embezzling funds (why we went out of business)
I just can't find help. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
8/7/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

The best way to start is to defend against the two issues: that you are a responsible party, and that there are payroll taxes due.

The review and steps to take are time consuming, and best if we can work together to review the facts and outline options.

I will post an Offer of Additional Service to allocate some time tomorrow to assist. Accept, and advise what a good time might be tomorrow morning, and I will confirm.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney