How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3601
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I get a affidavit stating the industrial

Customer Question

Where can I get a affidavit stating the
industrial classifications and financial percentages to apply for a Sales tax exemption in Oklahoma City
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.


Your tax accountant (CPA) should be able to provide you with the affidavit that is required for some entities that apply to Oklahoma.

Once you have provided an affidavit that provides the information that is required by the statute and rule, a determination can be made regarding qualification for the sales tax exemption.

Provide an affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury(that statement must be on the affidavit), that states the total gross annual revenues of for the most recently completed income tax year and the percentage of those revenues that are from out of state customers. Your CPA should know all that is required based on the specific exemption you are requesting.

It is not a specific form but a sworn statement (that is why the under perjury portion must be included ).

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Different expert here - My name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with additional information that may be helpful to you.
I telephoned the Oklahoma Department of Revenue, Sales Tax Division(###) ###-####, and spoke to a representative who advised that there is no affidavit template to request sales tax exemption.
While it is true that you can ask your CPA to provide you with such an template affidavit, the representative informed me that you can apply for this exemption by letter and have your signature notarized. Such a letter would constitute the same force and effect as a formal affidavit since ALL affidavits are required to be notarized.
I hope this additional information is helpful to you.
Thank you and best regards,