Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Please Help! We received a Notice of Deficiency from the

Customer Question
IRS. And for an amount...
Please Help! We received a Notice of Deficiency from the IRS. And for an amount we have already paid them. What do we do now. We have copies of every thing we did and paid but it seems they are not satisfied. Thank You for your time. Janice
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
8/7/2015
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Janice,
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for one department in the IRS to know what another department is doing.
My best advice would be to visit your local IRS office in person and bring the documentation that you have to prove that the deficiency was paid.
Alternatively, you can contact your local Taxpayer Assistance Office in Nebraska and have them assist you with resolving this issue.
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-My-Local-Office-in-Nebraska
You can also have a local CPA or Enrolled Agent contact the IRS on your behalf (once you provide the appropriate Power of Attorney) to get the issue resolved.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.
If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent