How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29975
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Nevada LLC was created on March 4, 2014 ans SS 4 was also

Customer Question

Nevada LLC was created on March 4, 2014 ans SS 4 was also filed to IRS on the same day where in it was stated to file Foem 1065
We have filed extension for filing form 1065 can they elect to file as C-Corp and can they file now 8832 and elect to file as C-Corporation rather than partnership
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to our site!
Yes - that is possible.
However - when election on the form 8832 is made more than 75 days after requested effective date - that woudl be classified as "late election"
Late election is allowed not later than 3 years and 75 days after the effective date - and special procedure should be followed.
For specific procedure - see page 6 in instruction
Part II. Late Election Relief
Let me kniow if that answered your question.