Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Am not able to sign up due from a notice IRECEIVED FROM THE

Customer Question

Am not able to sign up for amount due from a notice IRECEIVED FROM THE IRS. I would like to mail in my payment which they claim I owe but have no one to speak to stating I could pay amountt within 120 days, have tried calling numerous times and am not able to speak to a livde person. Can xyou help?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.

The IRS phones are mostly automated lines based mainly on the volume of calls that do come in.

The general number(###) ###-#### ***** ***** to get a 'human" to respond but if you call

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".

Then press 4 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions." It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office. http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1

While it is true that if you cannot pay in full immediately, you may qualify for additional time, up to 120 days to pay in full, interest and any applicable penalties will continue to accrue until your liability is paid in full.