Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My employer did not provide me with a W2.  So I am

Customer Question
My employer did not provide...

My employer did not provide me with a W2 for 2014.  So I am having to file taxes with a 4852 form attached.

In 2013, I did not have a business and 100% of my wages were from this company.  In 2014, I did have a business and earned an estimated $163,800 (Same as 2013) + $14,302.24 with my business.

But I do not think I entered the information in correctly, as the final taxes show me as owing $11,910.87 taxes on $14,302.24 earned.

Can you please look at the two attached and see where I went wrong and how much of a total check do I send into the IRS for my $14,302.24 (on top of the $163,800 in wages earned.. $178,102.24 total)

-----

2013 Filed Taxes: $163,800 in Wages

2014 Taxes I am Filing: $163,800 in Wages (4852 form) + $14,302.24 from business (Schedule C form) = $178,102.24 total.  I can't owe $11,910 on $14,302.24 earned?  Where did I go wrong?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/1/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

This requires a bit more work than you might think. I can assist, but need to ask for a price bump through our offer of additional service. It's the two tax years, and your math might be manually done. Both need to be redone to confirm.

Accept, and I will work on this right away.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney