Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does a savings account funded by a non taxable inheritance

Customer Question
count as a liquid asset...
Does a savings account funded by a non taxable inheritance count as a liquid asset when applying for medical coverage
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/31/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist. The cash balance in a liquid account will count as a liquid asset when applying for medical coverage. The problem is that the application is only asking about assets, not their origin or character. Once cash is deposited in most liquid accounts, it loses its prior character. It might be possible to transfer the funds into other assets that are not liquid, if you can make the transfer and let the transfer age so as not to defraud the medicaid agency. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.
PDtax
PDtax