How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angie Your Own Question
Angie, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 226
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Angie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I entered my 2014 tax through the web to file electrical. now

Customer Question

I entered my 2014 tax through the web to file electrical. now I just found out that irs did not receive my tax info. also I have not received my refund. Now. I need to verify that I have hard copes of my 1040 tax for 2014 How can I get this resolved this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I'm glad to help you with your issue. What service did you use to file your taxes? There are many online companies that offer e-filing services. Generally each one of these providers requires you set up a login and password. You may be able to go through your old emails and see a registration confirmation for the site if you don't remember. However, even if you can't get the original copy of your tax return and submit it to the IRS, you have stated that you are getting a refund, you will not be penalized for filing after the tax deadline. The IRS only penalizes people who owe them money, not people to whom they owe money. You can start fresh and file a new tax return and electronically file it online using one of the many services available. I can also do this for you if you like for an additional fee, it would require you to scan and submit your tax documents to me but I can do the return, have you review the information and sign the return, then I can efile the tax return, and provide you with efile confirmation within 24 hours. If your return is simple and you wish to recover the return you already created, simply re-visit the provider you used to create the return initally , it is likely saved in their system waiting for correcting of errors or a simple submit. Again, taxpayers, who are due refunds are not penalized for untimely filing, as a matter of fact, if you are due a refund, a small amount of interest will be added to the amount due you. I hope this helps! Angie