How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask USTaxAdvising Your Own Question
USTaxAdvising, CPA
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1237
Experience:  US Taxation specialist.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
USTaxAdvising is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I transfer one of my cars to my own corporation

Customer Question

Can I transfer one of my cars to my own corporation ? in California?
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 2 years ago.
Certainly, yes, you can transfer your vehicle title over to your corporation and use it as a business vehicle.
You may wish to call your insurance agent to discuss insurance ramifications but I would assume your corporation would be able to insure the vehicle at the same rate you can personally.
Basically you would go to the department of motor vehicles where the car is registered and request a title transfer form. Complete the form, have it notarized, and then submit the title transfer to the DMV.
See link here to CA DMV Title Transfer for the documents and more information -
Best regards