How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3120
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter from the IRS stating that I owed over 2K,

Customer Question

I received a letter from the IRS stating that I owed over 2K, it seems my preparer did not include dividends. Cannot find the letter, how do I get a new one?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
Which letter you cannot find? The IRS letter or the divided statement from your investment company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am missing the letter from the IRS. I want to pay this but do not know exactly how much or where to send? Can I just contact them and ask, and how do I find the phone number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought I would be getting an answer here. It would appear not.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you will have to contact IRS directly. You can call the main IRS number which is(###) ###-####but I will give you another one that might be easier to get through. It is IRS notice respond department:(###) ###-#### ***** the agent verify your identity, she/he will be able to look up your account and tell you how much you owe and what to do about the payment.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.