How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an hospitality LLC in Arizona. One of my employee on

Customer Question

I have an hospitality LLC in Arizona. One of my employee on payroll there, works in California hotel providing management services (California hotel provides 1099 to my company). My employee comes back to Arizona on weekends. Questions: Do I need to register
in California as foreign LLC? Do I need to pay taxes in California?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
The answer is yes for both questions - as your LLC regularly conduct business activities in California - it is classified as a "foreign LLC" - and as such is required to be registered and will be subject to California franchise tax (minimum is $800).In additional - there will be California income tax liability - it will be based on how your LLC is taxed.