Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I paid all my taxes and 16 but my accountant said

Customer Question
I paid all my taxes...
I paid all my taxes for 2015 and 16 but my accountant said I didn't. How can I prove I did?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/26/2015
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Hi,.Can you tell me a little more?.You can always order a transcript of your account here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.but one cannot pay tax for a year that has not yet passed. You CAN, however have a refund applied TO whatever your next year's tax bill ends up being....Have I understood your question correctly?.Let me know..Lane.
Dear Lane,
that is exactly what I wanted is to verify that I did pay my taxes for 14 and 15.
Ok, then yes, you can go to that web address and verify by asking for a transcript of the last two years..Until IRS was hacked you could get the results immediately. Now you can sdtill put in the order there, but they will mail the transcript to you..If you'll note on the site, they say it will arrive in 5 to 10 business days..There are several boxes you can check for TYPE of transcript. Check ther box for ACCOUNT transcript. this is the most complete (not just return information but also payment information..Here's that site again: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.Hope this helps.Lane.If this has helped I'd appreciate a positive rating … (by clicking – or touching on - the stars or smileys on your screen) - That's the ONLY way I can be credited for the work here..
Hi,.… just checking back in to see how things are going..Did my answer help?.Let me know….Lane.
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS