Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I HAVE A FINAL YEAR S-CORP WITH ABOUT $7k IN CURRENT LIABILITIES,

Customer Question
$75k IN APIC, AND $82...
I HAVE A FINAL YEAR S-CORP WITH ABOUT $7k IN CURRENT LIABILITIES, $75k IN APIC, AND $82 IN NEGATIVE RETAINED EARNINGS. THE AAA ACCOUNT AGREES TO THE NEGATIVE R/E. FOLLOWING YOUR ADVICE ON CLOSING THE LIABILITIES TO THE AAA ACCOUNT AS A NEGATIVE DISTRIBUTION, I'M LEFT WITH AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF APIC AND NEGATIVE R/E. HOW DO I CLOSE THESE TWO ACCTS TO BE ZERO AT THE END?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/23/2015
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
If the current yr Net Income reported as a separate line in the stockholders' equity or in the OEsection of the balance sheeta negative amount of net income must be reported. The negative net income occurs when the current year's revenuesre less than the current year's expensesIf the cumulative earnings minus the cumulative dividends declared result in a negative amount, there will be a negative amount of RE.This negative amount of retained earnings will be reported as a separate line within stockholders' equity.If the amount of negative retained earnings is greater than the amount of paid-in capital, the total of the stockholders' equity section will also be a negative amount.To recap, negative amounts can occur and the negative amounts must be reported.
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS