How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son did not receive a W2 from where he worked. He has contacted

Customer Question

My son did not receive a W2 from where he worked. He has contacted the corporate office repeatedly and cannot get one. His pay was direct deposit, and he has no LES. How does he account for this income, or what does he do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Yes - that woudl be his income.Regarding his filing requirement - whether your son is required to file the US tax return or not - that depends on his total income.If he does require to file Or if he doesn't required - but want to claim a refund for withholding - the tax return is needed and he woudl need information from that W2.As you were not able to obtain W2 from his employer - you may request the tax account transcript from the IRS - that transcript should contain all informational that were reported on his tax account - including W2.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow - you didn't really read the question completely, so you only partially (barely) answered it. I find it very hard to believe that you are an attorney at all - typos, poor grammar and telling me what to do but now how to do it. Seriously? I didn't get anything I didn't already know, certainly not paying.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for confusion.Your question is posted in Tax category - and I am a tax preparer - not an attorney.Your question was - How does he account for this income, or what does he do?For tax purposes - his income is the gross income - before any withholding. That amount is normally reported on pay stub. Without proper information - we may only estimate that amount.What to do - generally based what you are trying to achieve. If you want to verify if your son is required to file the tax return or if you want to know what was reported on that missing W2 - that is addressed above.If that doesn't address your concern in full - please feel free to elaborate.I am not interested in your payment unless you are fully satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not paying. You still didn't answer. Please do not reply, you've wasted enough of my time.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
The system is forcing me to reply...If no reply is expected - please do not post - that will save my time as well...But if you still any help with this or other tax related issues - you are welcome back.