Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

38-2243326 we have sent a June 23rd letter to abate

Customer Question

For ID 38-2243326 we have sent a June 23rd letter to abate the last 2 penalties for
941 issues after a 40 year business has been closed and sold due to illness.
we are beginning to get intention to lien- the amounts in question are $563.78 and the
large one of $2,768.20.
Do we wait for a letter or response- ? the notices are CP134B
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
As you can probably guess, the IRS is overwhelmed and understaffed. In many instances at the IRS, one department does not know what is going on in another department. Since your letter requesting abatement was sent less than a month ago, my best advice would be to call the number on the CP134B notices and confirm that the IRS has received your request for abatement. If so, the representative should be able to advise if your penalty abatement request is being processed. If not, you can advise the representative that a request for penalty abatement was mailed on June 23 and you can fax/mail another copy.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.Best regards,Barb