How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29781
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my partnership withholds state taxes after I file

Customer Question

if my partnership withholds state taxes for 2014 after I file for 2014, can I apply these with holdings to 2015
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Yes - but for that you will need to amend YOUR tax return - add these withholding made on your behalf - and apply that amount to following tax year.That would be correct procedure. Let me know if you need help with reporting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
You will use form 1040X will add that amount on line 12 Federal income tax withheldand will request that amount to be applied to following year on line 23.In part III - you will need to add Explanation of changes - "additional withholding to be applied to following year estimated taxes.Let me know if that answered your question.