How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15332
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Greetings again: Question is regarding withholding tax on

Customer Question

Greetings again: Question is regarding withholding tax on currency swaps. We understand that the withholding tax needs to be grossed up by the withholding agent...but if we (our bank) would like to rebate the cost back to the customer - Are there any special
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
That is a very good question and I have only dealt with Cash Rebates. A cash rebate received from a dealer or manufacturer of an item bought is generally not income, but the buyer must reduce their basis by the amount of the rebate.
I am not sure how that would work for your specific situation.