How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3166
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've misplaced my tax ID number and am wondering

Customer Question

I've misplaced my tax ID number and am wondering if you could possible retrieve it for me?
Myname is***** dba Mary XXXXXX number is ***** XXX XXXX.
Needless to say I feel rather foolish as I just recemtly acquired it...any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Mary.
I am assuming you are talking about EIN number. Also, please do not post private information here since this is a public forum and everybody can see it.
To get your EIN number you will have to call IRS business hotline at(###) ###-####
You can also request 147C letter from IRS, it is a replacement of your IRS CP575 (IRS original letter granting you your EIN number). It will have all the information your original CP575 had.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the prompt response I appreciate glas
d to know there's someone there.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
This website connect customers with experts who are qualified to answer customer's questions. We work from home or other offices so it depends how many experts are currently online, sometimes you can get your answer immediately and sometimes you might need to wait until the qualified expert get your question and can respond.
Anyway, you need to call IRS during business hours, Mondays are usually very busy and you will be on hold for longer. Give them a call and they will be able to tell you your EIN after verifying your identity.
If you found my answers helpful, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.